INTERIOR DESIGNER / PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
Smith & Ragsdale Interior Design is looking for a Interior Designer/Project Manager with experience in high-end residential projects and furnishings to join our team. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated and meticulous individual who is collaborative and can contribute to ongoing projects.
- This person should be able to collaborate seamlessly with the principal designers, architects, contractors, fabricators, and vendors on multiple projects.
- Responsible for supporting the design process by attending design consultations and project meetings, with furniture and material sourcing and specification, CAD drawing, custom furniture design, visual research, mood board creation, furniture sourcing, graphic and visual presentations, while maintaining project budget and adhering to fast-paced project timelines. We reach for the highest level of completion with every task.
- Creating project documentation including the submission of a full drawing set, specification writing, schedules, and occasional on-site installation overview, in coordination with Principal Designer.
- Tracking and reviewing purchase orders and maintaining budgets for multiple vendors and clients. Project related errands, as well as general office tasks and errands when needed to ensure a smooth flow of delivery.
- Additional responsibilities may include product design. The Interior Designer may be asked to undertake Intern management from time to time as appropriate.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of professional experience in interiors or architecture and a degree from an accredited school. Professional office experience, especially in an interior design studio/small business culture, is a plus.
- Client interaction and/or customer service experience
- Passion for design and an eye for detail.
- Excellent 2D drawing and rendering ability.
- Working knowledge of the full design process including Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction Administration, Procurement, and Installation.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Microsoft Office Suite. Studio Designer experience is a plus.
- Hands-on renovation and new-construction job site experience is a plus.
- 3D modeling and realistic hand or computer rendering skills is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to adapt to the daily needs of the design team.
- Must have a working vehicle for office and client-related errands
Please submit PDF resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Position Inquiry: Interior Designer, Dallas.”
Smith & Ragsdale Interior Design accepts employment inquiries regardless of hiring needs. If you are interested in applying, we invite you to submit PDF resume and portfolio to email@example.com.